Price risk management
Fluctuating global fuel prices can create disruptions and uncertainty for your business, making it challenging to predict the cost of fuel even a month ahead. Introducing effective price risk management aligned to your needs can therefore make a significant impact to your financial stability today and tomorrow.
Your partner of choice
Shell operates in more than 100 countries, allowing us to track prices and trade oil-related products across most of the world’s key energy markets.
Our trading experts can help you manage your fuel price exposure – from understanding your business needs and providing suitable hedging programmes, to enabling financial stability and fixed future revenues.
Our price risk management contracts – how you can benefit
- Better margin and budget protection
- More effective cost management, easier cash flow planning
- Providing a safety net against price fluctuations
- Ultimately, a competitive edge through price stability
Your options at a glance
A range of price mechanisms to suit your business needs:
- Fixed Price Contract - A fixed price agreement for the supply of agreed volumes of fuel over a contracted time period.
- Cap / Ceiling - An agreed, guaranteed maximum fuel price.
- Collar - A floating price within an agreed price band with guaranteed maximum and minimum prices.
Energy for today and tomorrow
Reliable fuel quality and advice on staff and operations safety, building on our health and safety standards.
Optimise your fuel usage with best-practice advice and solutions for fuel storage and handling.