Terms & Conditions
«Drive your passion and score big with the Shell Helix Ultra Cup«
The terms and conditions set out below ("Terms and Conditions") apply to the Shell Helix Ultra Cup Promotion ("Promotion") being run and administered by Shell ("Promoter" or "us" or "we"). These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or promotional materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this Promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted, and shall be bound by, the Terms and Conditions. This version of the Terms and Conditions applies to Participants (defined below) in the Republic of South Africa.
1. Important Provisions
We have a duty, in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008 ("CPA") to point out certain important provisions in these Terms and Conditions to you. The clauses which contain these important provisions and the reasons why they are important are set out below. It is very important that you read all of these clauses carefully and not just what we say below.
1.1 Limitation of risk, legal responsibilities and liability.
Clauses 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 herein below are important because they limit and exclude obligations, liabilities and legal responsibilities that we and other persons or entities may otherwise have to you. As a result of these clauses, your rights and remedies against us and these other persons and entities are limited or excluded. These clauses also limit or exclude your right to recover from, or make claims against, Shell for losses, damages, liability or harm you or others may suffer as a result of your participation in the Promotion. Clause 19 herein below is particularly important because you take on risk, legal responsibilities and liability. In terms of this clause, you may be responsible for taxes, fees, claims and other amounts. You will also be responsible for, and you accept, various risks, damages, harm, and injury which may be suffered by you and others for what is stated in this clause.
1.2 Indemnities by you.
Clauses 15 and 16 herein below requires you to indemnify (hold harmless) us and other persons or entities against claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered by us and other persons or entities as a result of the events set out in clauses 21 and 22 herein below. You are also required to indemnify us and other persons and entities against claims for loss, damages, and harm that may be made by any person or entity as a result of the events set out in clause 21 herein below. This places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on you, and you will be responsible and liable for the payment of the value of the claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered or claimed.
1. The Promoter is Shell Downstream South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Shell”) a company incorporated in South Africa under registration number 2007/016255/07 whose registered offices is at 57 Sloane Street, The Campus, Twickenham Building, Bryanston.
2. The Promotion is valid only in South Africa.
3. The Promotion is not open to any agencies, sales agents/ merchandisers, packaging suppliers and their immediate family members (spouses, life partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) or their business partners, or any person who is (i) a director, member, partner, or agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, the Promoter; or (ii) a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Promoter.
4. Participation in the promotion constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. All information relating to this promotion and published on any promotional material will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
5. The promotion will run from 20 September 2019 00h00 and end on 6 October 2019 23h59. No entries received before the 20 September 2019 00h00 and after 6 October 2019 23h59 will be accepted.
6. Participants wishing to participate in the Promotion must:
- Be a South African citizen and 18 years old or over.
- Purchase a participating Shell Helix Ultra 5 litre oil at a participating retailer and retain your till slip as proof of purchase.
- Dial *120*62852# and follow the prompts. You will receive an instant sms notification confirming whether or not you have won General Access tickets for you and a partner to the Shell Helix Ultra Cup.
7. Notwithstanding the said outcome as per clause 6.3, every entry will be entered into a grand draw and you will stand a chance to win 1 VIP Hospitality package for you and a partner.
8. The consumer draw for the winner of the VIP Hospitality prizes will take place on the 8th of October 2019 at 10h00, at the offices of Strike Media. The trade draw will take place on the 3rd October 2019 at 10h00
9. The winners from the draws on clause 8 will be contacted on the same day of the respective draws via telephone, on the cell phone number they used to enter the promotion.
10. Winners will be contacted 3 times within a 24 hour period. Should a winner not answer either call back, they will forfeit their prize and there will be a re-draw and another winner will be awarded in their place.
11. You may enter the promotion as many times as you like, but you will need to make a new purchase of a participating Shell Helix 5 litre oil, for every entry submitted.
12. You stand a chance to win your share of the following prizes:
- General Access tickets for you and a partner to the Shell Helix Ultra Cup. The General Access ticket only grants you and a partner access to general sitting at the Shell Helix Ultra Cup and includes no other benefits.
- 1 VIP Hospitality package for you and a partner to the Shell Helix Ultra Cup. The VIP Hospitality package includes access to VIP seating, food, drinks and parking. The package excludes any transportation, accommodation and any shuttle services.
13. No prizes will be awarded without a winner first producing proof of:
- A valid identity document verifying the winner’s citizenship and age.
- Purchase of a participating Shell Helix Ultra 5 litre oil via a valid unique till slip, from a participating retailer.
14. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, for any prizes which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be redeemed for any technical reason, delivery or other reasons.
15. As far as the law allows, all Participants indemnify the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, against any / all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising from their participation in any way in this Promotion and/or any receipt of and/or use of a prize.
16. By taking part in this Promotion, Participants hereby warrant that all information submitted to the Promoter is true, current and complete.
17. The Promoter may decline to award a prize (i.e. refuse to issue general seats ticket) if there is a reasonable suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
18. As far as the law allows, all warranties and representations in relation to the Promotion not set out in these Terms and Conditions (whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded.
19. As far as the law allows, the Promoter shall only be responsible for those costs which these Terms and Conditions expressly say that the Promoter will pay. The Participant is responsible for (i) any and all applicable local taxes and fees; and (ii) all other costs incurred by it, or arising directly or indirectly from, the Participant's participation in the Promotion, or from the acceptance, receipt, use or enjoyment of any Prize. Without limiting the rest of this clause 19, the participant will be responsible for the cost of submitting proof of purchase and entering the promotion, any flights or accommodation required should the participant win, and any data charges that apply, as per the tariff rates charged by the participant’s mobile network provider.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice if circumstances beyond its reasonable control prevent the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, from continuing to conduct the Promotion. In the event of such termination, as far as the law allows, all Participants acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, in respect thereof.
21. As far as the law allows the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, shall not be responsible for a Participant's failure to access the Promotion for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
22. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa.
23. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.