Shell Helix HX5 SN/CF, A3/B3 15W-40
Premium multigrade motor oil – Helps to remove sludge from dirty engines.
- Helps to protect against wear and neutralise corrosive combustion acids
- High total base number (TBN) to help combat corrosion and help to prevent engine damage and prolong engine life
- Suitable for Petrol and Diesel Engines
Special Features and Benefits
- Active cleansing technology: Actively locks away harmful performance robbing deposits
- Active clean-up: Helps to remove sludge left behind by inferior oils
- Effective wear protection: Helps to protect against wear and neutralise corrosive combustion acids
- Resistance to oil degradation: Helps to maintain protection throughout the oil-drain interval
- High TBN: Helps to combat corrosion to help prevent engine damage and prolong engine life
- Multi-fuel capability: Can be used for gasoline, diesel and gas engines, and is also suitable for biodiesel and gasoline/ethanol blends
Shell Helix HX5 meets the latest API SN PLUS industry standard protecting turbocharged engines from Low-Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI)
Many vehicle manufacturers use turbochargers to increase the power output
LSPI is a phenomenon seen in small modern Turbocharged Gasoline Direct Injection (TGDI) engines on the road today
LSPI occurs when a mixture of fuel and air in the combustion chambers ignites before spark timing.
To prevent damage from LSPI, a new supplemental motor oil specification, API SN PLUS has been developed
Shell Helix HX5 is designed to protect turbocharged engines against damage from low-speed pre-ignition (including engine ‘super knock’, broken spark plugs, cracked pistons and even engine failure caused by LSPI)
The product specifications listed above may vary from time to time and may not all be available for sale in South Africa. To obtain a specific recommendation for your vehicle from our SA product portfolio, please use our free online oil recommendation tool, Shell Lubematch.